The Art Center celebrates Contemporary Art Month with “Start Here” – a sample of all the contemporary art exhibits around the Coastal Bend. “Start Here” and plan your Contemporary Art experience. MEET THE ARTISTS at the Opening Reception March 3rd, 2017 5:00-7:00 pm. On view March 3-31, 2017.
Deadline to Register:
February 15, 2016
CAMCC is a month-long celebration of the arts promoting art exhibitions, art education programs, happenings and performances in businesses, galleries and public spaces throughout the Coastal Bend.
All artists and businesses are encouraged to be a part of this city-wide event. Each CAMCC event is promoted through the CAMCC website, Facebook and Instagram and in The Art Center exhibit “Start Here”.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Create an art event or tell us about one that is already planned, then, fill in the appropriate form (REGISTER HERE) to list your event. Either the business or the artist may list the event.
ARTISTS & ARTIST GROUPS:
- Set up a show of your work with a partner business. With the approval of the business owner, organize a reception, create a “Meet the Artist(s)” event, or simply display your work throughout the month.
- Create a performance art piece or happening (anywhere)
- List a show that you are already scheduled to do
ART ORGANIZATIONS & GALLERIES:
- List the shows and events already scheduled during March
- Host a special CAMCC event during March – art lecture, gallery talk, reception or happening
BUSINESSES – Host Art:
- Display an artists work in your store, restaurant, office building or business
- Offer Specials or Discounts to people who mention Contemporary Art Month
- Host a reception for the artist or a Meet the Artist day